The Vancouver Urban Farming Society is looking for a charming person who’s passionate about sustainable farming, has a great eye for graphics, and who can write in an approachable way.
A Bit About Us
Our organization’s vision is to grow the urban farming sector in Vancouver and beyond. We seek to strengthen the urban farming community. We share resources, convene thought leaders, and provide advocacy, education and business support both urban farmers and the farm curious. To learn more please visit us at www.urbanfarmers.ca
What We’re Looking For
- Social Media Savvy- help us write tweets to engage with our growing community, amp our Instagram, and find new ways to connect on Facebook.
- Newsletter- we’re looking for someone to help write our newsletter, find interesting things our community wants to read and learn about.
- Graphics- Use you’re skills with Photoshop or Adobe to do layouts for our newsletter and reports, event posters, and small things to help us with our website as it’s redesigned.
- Admin- respond to media requests, research for requests and newsletters, and other minor jobs around the office.
- Solid experience in Photoshop/Illustrator.
- Create and compose thoughtful newsletters that reach our diverse audience.
- Skilled writing warmly, funnily, and approachably.
- Communicate in a professional but friendly way, with everyone from bloggers to farmers.
This is a 7 month contract beginning July 2016. $20/h 250 hours.
Please email your resume, along with a sample of your work, and cover letter to email@example.com by June 27, 5 p.m.