Call for Proposals: 2016 Vancouver Urban Farming Forum
The 6th Annual Vancouver Urban Farming Forum is happening November 26th at the Creekside Community Centre. The forum is the biggest event in the Vancouver Urban Farming Society’s calendar, bringing together urban farmers, their supporters, policymakers, and all others interested and working in urban farming in this region.
The feedback we got on the crowd-sourcing approach to last year’s forum was resoundingly positive and so we are currently looking for proposals for session ideas. Please submit your proposal or session idea using this form.
Honorariums of $100 are available for presenters. General registration for the forum will open shortly.
We are specifically interested in the following theme areas:
- Social enterprise & the modern urban farm
- Innovative business models & case studies
- Measuring the social impact of urban farming
- The future of urban farming in Metro Vancouver
- The historical roots of urban farming in Metro Vancouver
- Food sovereignty & the role of the urban farm
- Building relationships with restaurants and grocery stores and institutions
- And others that YOU are passionate about
The proposal deadline is Monday October 10th, 2016
Proposal submission form
Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.